Win a $9800 pair of hearing aids
Brad Hutchinson Hearing is giving you the chance to win a pair of Starkey Livio 2400 hearing aids.
The total prize package worth $9800 includes:
• A pair of Starkey Livio 2400 hearing aids with a 3 year warranty
• A comprehensive hearing test
• Hearing aid fitting and programming to your needs
• Free follow-up appointments and support for 6 months
Thank you to everyone who entered. We are pleased to announce that Reg Maddock of Mukinbudin is the winner of our Starkey Livio 2400 competition. Reg has won a pair of top-of-the-line hearing aids for his entry below which will no-doubt resonate with a lot of farmers in a similar situation. Congratulations Reg!
“As a farmer I operate all sorts of machinery – forklifts, front end loaders and tractors. My hearing is deteriorating and I am driving everyone crazy asking them to repeat themselves. I’m also worried about my grandsons’ safety – they’re 3 and 6 and like to spend a lot of time with me around the farm so I need to hear them. We’re having a dry season so it would be nice to win hearing aids.”
About Starkey Livio 2400 hearing aids
The ultimate hearing aids
Streams audio from iPhone
Phone calls to both ears
Wireless connection to TV
The importance of hearing and true impact of hearing loss
On average, people wait 8.9 years from the time of realising they have a hearing loss until they take action. But according to a study in the Journal of Otolaryngology, people who wait 10 years have a 52% higher risk of dementia, a 41% increased chance of depression and a 29% higher risk of falls. They’re pretty convincing stats to do something about hearing loss sooner rather than later.
Signs you need a hearing test
Difficulty hearing in noisy situations like restaurants or sporting clubs
Trouble understanding speech clearly and feeling as though people mumble
Asking others to repeat themselves
Trouble hearing someone speaking to you from another room
Needing the radio or television to be louder than others prefer
Finding it increasingly difficult to participate in conversations
Book in for a free comprehensive hearing test
We won’t just test the basics of your hearing, our hearing professionals will take their time to conduct a thorough hearing test and to discuss your hearing needs.
Brad Hutchinson Hearing - hearing done differently
At Brad Hutchinson Hearing, we believe in offering the highest quality hearing care. That means generous appointment times, highly trained and experienced professionals, state-of-the-art technology like you’ve never experienced and, above all else, genuine care that makes our service so different from anywhere else. If you’ve been to other hearing providers previously, we guarantee you’ll feel the difference as soon as you walk into one of our clinics.
Comprehensive hearing services
As experts in our field, we believe in offering comprehensive audiological services, including:
Adult hearing testing
Paediatric hearing testing
Free services for pensioners and veterans*
Hearing aid fittings
Hearing aid repairs
Ear wax removal
Auditory processing assessments
Chronic cough treatment
Custom ear plugs
Workcover and pre-employment assessments
*Eligible pensioners and veterans may be entitled to free or subsidised digital hearing aids and free hearing services. Conditions apply to clients under the HSP. To find out if you’re eligible, visit hearingservices.gov.au.
But we don’t believe that premium services should come at a high price…
On the contrary, we want you to walk away with a deep sense of satisfaction in the value that you’ve received. We want you to want to tell others.
524 Fitzgerald Street
NORTH PERTH WA 6006
(08) 9228 9928
u18/53 The Crescent (entry from Sayer Street)
MIDLAND WA 6056
(08) 9250 2447
Suite 9/275 Marmion St
Melville WA 6156
(08) 9317 7072
84 Rosewood Ave
Woodlands WA 6018
(08) 9224 2259
Terms and Conditions
1. Information on how to enter and prizes form part of the Terms and Conditions. Entry into this competition deems acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
2. To the extent of any inconsistency between these Terms and Conditions and any other reference to this competition, these Terms and Conditions prevail.
Who can enter
3. Entry is open to ALL residents of Western Australia except employees and immediate families of the Promoter, associated companies and agencies and participating outlets. Immediate family means any of the following: spouse, ex spouse, defacto spouse, child or step child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step parent, grandparent, step grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step brother, step sister or 1st cousin. The Promoter is Brad Hutchinson Hearing, 524 Fitzgerald Street, North Perth WA 6006 (ABN 19 158 982 266).
4. Entrants are only allowed ONE entry per prize.
5. All entrants under the age of 18 must obtain the prior permission of their legal parent or guardian over the age of 18 to enter. The parent or guardian may be called to verify consent and may be required to sign a release at the discretion of the Promoter. The release will also require the winner’s parent or guardian to accept responsibility for the acts and forbearances of the winner. The release must include the full name, address and telephone number of the winner’s legal guardian. Failure to provide such proof, particulars or releases will immediately invalidate the winner’s entitlement to the prize, subject to State and Territory legislation.
How to enter
6. Enter by telling us in 75-words-or-less why you deserve to win. Your answer to the question may be used for marketing purposes.
7. Enter an original submission via the internet at or by manually completing a printed entry form.
8. Entries must include all requested contact details and a 75-words-or-less answer to be eligible to win. Each entry must be unique and received by the Promoter prior to the competition close date and time.
When to enter
9. The competition commences on 28/08/2019 at 00:01 AWST and closes on 30/11/2019 at 23:59 AWST. The winner will be the best valid entry and will be judged by the judging panel and/or the public, having regard to skill, creativity and originality, at the Promoter’s premises on 11/12/2019 from 12:00 AWST. The Promoter may select additional entries to be used as replacements in the event that the first entrant chosen as a winner cannot satisfy these Terms and Conditions or take a prize.
10. The winner will be notified by phone and/or mail and their name will be published both online and in print in our advertising in The West Australian newspaper on 16/12/2019.
11. Prize will be fitted within 2 months.
Prize on offer
12. Total prize value is (up to) $9,800, as at 16/08/2019. ONE (1) winner will receive;
A pair of Starkey Livio 2400 hearing aids*
A comprehensive hearing test
Hearing aid fitting and programming to your needs
Follow-up appointments and support for 6 months
*In the event that your hearing loss is not suited to these aids, an equivalent aid will be prescribed to meet your hearing loss needs.
13. If the Promoter is unable to contact the winner to claim fulfilment of the promotional prize or if the winner is unable to attend any element of the prize, that winner will forfeit the prize in its entirety and it shall be awarded to the next runner up in the promotion. The Promoter will not be liable for a winner who cannot be contacted and therefore forfeits their prize and no correspondence will be entered into.
14. Prize must be taken by 31/01/2020. In the event a winner does not take the prize by the time stipulated, then the entire prize will be forfeited by the winner and cash will not be awarded in lieu of the prize.
Further Terms and Conditions
15. The Promoter reserves the right to amend these Terms and Conditions if this competition cannot be run as originally planned. The Promoter may also cancel or suspend this competition if an event beyond the control of the Promoter corrupts or affect the administration security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this competition. The Promoter will disqualify any individual who has tampered with the entry process or any other aspect of this competition.
16. The Promoter and their associated agencies and companies will not be liable or responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer on line systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software, technical problems of the phone or of any phone network, or any misadventure, accident, injury, loss (including but not limited to
consequential loss) or claim that may occur; whilst undertaking any travel won on or connected with their entry; in the participation in any prize; as a consequence of late, lost or misdirected mail, email SMS or phone call; due to the broadcast of any program relating to the competition or the publication of any material, including any statements made by any compere, staff member, journalist, other entrants or any other person; any injury or damage to entrant's or any other person's computer software or phone; or any combination thereof, related to or resulting from participation or sending or receiving of any communication or of any materials in this competition.
17. All entrants must submit ONLY their own original answer. Any such answers cannot be previously published in any forum worldwide. All entries become the property of the Promoter and cannot be returned. Entries that are found to have been derived from a third party will be considered invalid and, if awarded a prize, that prize must be returned to the Promoter. The winner may be required to sign a statutory declaration regarding the originality of the entry. Without limiting the generality, the Promoter reserves the right to take legal action against anyone found to have breached this term. The Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who the Promoter has reason to believe has breached any of these conditions, or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise the fair and proper conduct of the promotion. The Promoter’s legal rights to recover damages or other compensation are reserved.
18. Any entrant found to have (a) used any form of software or third party application to enter multiple times (including scripting software), (b) used a third party (including online competition entry site) to enter on their behalf or (c) entered incorrect contact details, including incorrect email contact details, will have all entries invalidated and any claim to the Prize will be invalidated. If such an entrant is awarded the Prize and then found to have breached this clause, the entrant must immediately return the Prize to the Promoter. The Promoter has sole discretion to determine if this clause has been breached by any entrant. The Promoter reserves the right to request whatever documentation it deems necessary to confirm if the entrant has breached this clause. An entrant must provide any requested documentation to the Promoter upon request. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
19. If the prize (or an element of the prize) is unavailable, for whatever reason, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize (or an element of the prize) for a prize of equal or greater value, subject to State Regulation. It is a condition of accepting the prize that the winner must comply with all the conditions of use of the prize and prize supplier’s requirements. The prize must be taken as stated and no compensation will be payable if a winner is unable to use the prize as stated.
20. The Promoter highly recommends a current residential street address be provided when requested for ease of correspondence and potential prize delivery. The Promoter makes all reasonable efforts to deliver prizes to the addresses provided by competition entrants. The Promoter cannot guarantee that any prizes returned to the Promoter due to non-delivery at the provided address will be re-sent to the prize winner.
21. The Promoter reserves the right to request winners to sign a winner’s deed of release or any other relevant forms or agreements that the Promoter deems necessary, to provide proof of identity, proof of age, proof of residency at the nominated prize delivery address and/or proof of entry validity (including phone bill) in order to claim a prize. Proof of identification, residency, age and entry considered suitable for verification is at the discretion of the Promoter. In the event that a winner cannot provide suitable proof, the winner will forfeit the prize in whole and no substitute will be offered.
22. The Promoter reserves the right to rejudge in the event of an entrant, claiming to be a winner, being unable to satisfy these Terms and Conditions.
23. The judges’ decision in relation to any aspect of the competition is final and binding on each person who enters. Chance plays no part in determining any winner. No correspondence will be entered into. No responsibility is accepted for late, lost or misdirected entries. Prizes are subject to availability, not transferable or exchangeable and, with the exception of cash prizes, cannot be taken
as cash. Prizes will be sent to the winner’s nominated address as stated in their original entry. The Promoter and their associated agencies, and companies associated with this promotion will take no responsibility for prizes damaged or lost in transit.
Copyright, Statutory guarantees, Waiver and liability
25. In participating in the prizes, the winners agree to participate and co-operate as required in all editorial activities relating to the Competition, including but not limited to being interviewed and photographed. The winners (and their companions) agree to granting the promoter a perpetual and non-exclusive licence to use such footage and photographs in all media efforts, including online
social networking sites, and the winners (and their companions) will not be entitled to any fee for such use.
26. Prize winners are advised that tax implications may arise from their prize winnings and they should seek independent financial advice prior to acceptance of that prize.
27. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limit, exclude or modify or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth). Except forany liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the promotion.
28. Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) is not responsible for and excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of:
(a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter's control);
(b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference;
(c) any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter;
(d) any variation in prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions;
(e) any tax liability incurred by a winner or Entrant; or
(f) use of a prize.